WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. Also known as Using WPS/Push ‘n’ connect feature on your Netgear wireless routers. It is used to securely connect your devices to your wireless network and is also used to secure your Wi-Fi network.
It is a widely used network security standard. Any device can be connected to your Wi-Fi network without the need of the entering Wi-Fi network’s password or accessing the configuration page. Both your device and router must support WPS in order to use this feature. It works only for wireless networks that have WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal security.
How to use WPS feature:
Generally, WPS button can be found on the NETGEAR router. If you cannot found the button, make sure your router actually supports WPS feature by referring to user manual or by NETGEAR’s website.
In this method, you have to enter the PIN for the router or for the device (phone, tablet, computer etc) which you want to connect. The PIN can be found on the router itself. It should be on the product label by the name of “SECURITY PIN” or “WPS KEY”.
Connecting your device to your router using WPS Wizard:
- Launch an internet browser of your choice from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Enter the address http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com. A page will then appear asking for username and password.
- Enter the router’s username and password. The default username and password can be found on the bottom of the router itself. If you have changed the default username and password, enter those then. If you have forgot the username and password, reset the router and then enter the default username and password. A screen will then appear.
- Go to ADVANCED > WPS Wizard. An instruction window will appear telling you about WPS. Click NEXT.
- Select setup method.
- Go to device you want to connect and use its WPS software to connect to the network. It will then take care of itself and will then connect your device with the network password. The router’s WPS screen will then display a confirmation message.
Connecting your device to router using WPS button:
- Turn on the router.
- Since every device’s method of connecting to WPS connection is different, head over to your device’s support page to know how to do it and follow the instructions given there.
- Press the WPS button on the router.
- Then on your device, press the WPS buttons or follow the given instructions for WPS connection
If you are still facing problems and are unable to use WPS feature on your NETGEAR router & Using WPS/Push ‘n’ connect feature on your Netgear wireless routers, please head over to NETGEAR tech support which is available 24×7. They can be reached on NETGEAR support number on
+1 888 808 1303 (Toll Free). Call us now for instant help!