VPN stands for Virtual Private Network and it is the best way to hide your activity over the internet. It encrypts all the data you send and then decrypts it when you receive so that no one in between could read them easily. It also helps to access restricted/blocked content on the internet. You can use VPN service on the Netgear Nighthawk Router easily. Netgear Support suggests you to use this steps of Using VPN service on Netgear Nightwak router via Andriod if you want to hide your activities from your ISP or you can also use it if you are on a public network but you want to access your sensitive data.
This Netgear Tech Support article will guide you on how to use VPN service on your Netgear Nighthawk Router via android device.
You need to download OpenVPN application in your android device which can be found on the Play Store for free.
Follow steps below to use VPN with your android device on your nighthawk router:
- Open the web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Enter the IP address of your router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > VPN Service and click on Enable VPN Service checkbox.
- Now click on For Smart Phone button under OpenVPN configuration package download section to download the required files.
- Extract this file in your PC. You will find four files in this package. Now you have to convert these four files into a single file. To do this, open client3.ovpn file in a text editor and type the following lines:
- Now open the ca.crt file in a text editor and copy all of its content to client3.ovpn file after <ca>.
- Similarly, open content of client.crt and client.key files after </ca><cert> and </cert><key> respectively. Save this file in your computer.
- Connect your android device from your computer and transfer these four files into your device in a folder.
- Now disconnect your device from your computer.
- Open OpenVPN application in your device and import client3.ovpn file which you have created on your computer.
- After you have imported the file, tap Connect button to connect to the VPN.
VPN should now connect successfully in your device.
Almost all of the Netgear Nighthawk routers support VPN service which you can use either to hide your data or to access blocked content. This Netgear Technical Support article will tell you how to setup VPN on your nighthawk router. Using VPN service on Netgear Nighthawk router
If you have any questions or are facing any issues reagrding Using VPN service on Netgear Nightwak router via Andriod, please contact to Netgear Tech Support. Call on Netgear Tech Support toll-free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support