Most users use a modem to connect to the internet and then they use a router with their modem to distribute the internet to the various other devices. This is a very typical setup. Most ISPs use same configuration to distribute the internet.
However, this configuration cannot be used if the internet is limited to only one user and not to multiple users. Also if the ISP has provided you a static IP to access the internet, you have to change the static IP of your computer in order to use the internet.
This TP-Link Technical Support article will guide you on “how to setup a TP-Link router with a DSL modem.”
To setup the router, follow the steps below:
- Turn off all of your devices i.e. modem, router and computer.
- Connect the modem to the router and router to the computer via Ethernet cable.
- Now turn on the modem followed by router and computer.
- Now open a web browser to log in to your router’s configuration page.
- Enter the IP address of your router and enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to Network > WAN and select the connection type as PPPoE.
- Enter the username and password which are provided by your ISP.
- Click on save button to save settings and then the router will try to connect to the internet.
- Now go to Status and check the IP address. If it displays the IP address, it means that the router is now connected to the modem successfully and you are now able to access the internet with your router.
- If you cannot see the IP address or if you are not able to connect to the internet, then try to power cycle your devices.
With the process defined by TP-Link Technical Support the Setup is now complete and your modem and router should work accordingly without any problems.
Do make sure that you have entered the username and password as provided by your ISP as both of them are case sensitive.
If you are facing any problems about Using TP-link router with DSL modem, please contact to TP-Link Technical Support. Call on TP-Link Technical Support toll free number at +1 888 808 1303.
The setup of the MAC address filtering is fairly simple and short. This TP-Link Technical Support will guide you on how to set it up. “Using Mac address filtering on TP-link routers”
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support