Remote management is a feature which is used to remotely access the router’s configuration page. You can access your router from anywhere in the world if your router and you both are connected to the internet. This feature will be very handy if you need technical help for managing your network from a tech support, you may want to help someone or you are on the go and want to manage your own network. This D-Link Tech Support article will guide you on Using remote management on D-Link Routers.
D-Link Router Support suggests you to enable this feature only when you need it. If you do not need it, disable it.
To Enable Remote Management, Follow Steps Below:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Enter the IP address of the router. The default IP address should be 192.168.0.1.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to TOOLS > ADMINISTRATION.
- Click on the Enable Remote Management checkbox.
- Enter the port number which you want to use in Remote Admin Port field. D-Link Tech Support suggests you to leave it default if you don’t know about it.
- Now go to STATUS > DEVICE INFO.
- Note down your IP Address. You will need this and your port number to remotely access your router.
- Save your settings.
- Once your settings are saved, you can access your router remotely by entering the IP address of the router and port number in the web browser of any computer you are using in this format: http://IPofRouter:portNumber e.g. http://172.16.23.45:8080
Enter the username and password which you use to login to the router’s web-based configuration page. If you have any questions or are facing any issues about Using remote management on D-Link Routers, please contact to D-Link Technical Support. Call on D-Link Tech Support toll free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support