QoS (Quality of Service) or Traffic control is a feature present is D-Link Routers which is used to specify what application/device will get what minimum/maximum bandwidth during peak times. This feature is extremely useful for optimizing your network. D-Link Tech Support recommends you to use it if you have a lot of devices connected to your network and all of them are using the internet at once. When all of the devices use the internet at the same time, generally the bandwidth is divided equally among all the devices but this generally does not work very well. Not all type of applications need same bandwidth. Take gaming for example, you need maximum possible bandwidth for a good experience. Low bandwidth means that you will face lags which will lead to very unpleasing experience making game unplayable. But what if you are just browsing the web? You don’t need much of the bandwidth like gaming. With the help of QoS, we can give more bandwidth to games and less to web browsers making the gaming experience great without affecting the web browsing experience. This D-Link Router Support will guide you on Using QOS (Quality of Service) on D-Link Router.
We are using dir605l router for this procedure. The setup procedure for rest of the D-Link Routers will be almost the same.
To Enable Traffic Control, Follow Seps Below:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to http://dlinkrouter/, http://dlinkrouter.local or enter the IP address of the router. The default IP address of the router is http://192.168.0.1.
- Enter the username and password when prompted. Default username is Admin and leave the password field blank for default password.
- Go to Manual Setup > ADVANCED > Traffic Control.
- Click on the Enable Traffic Control check box to enable it.
- You can let the router automatically take care of all the stuff by enabling the Automatic Distribute Bandwidth check box.
- Enter your maximum download and upload speeds to key in download bandwidth manually and key in upload bandwidth manually respectively.
- If you want to create a traffic rule, which means that if you want to assign minimum/maximum/guaranteed bandwidth to a device or a range of devices, you can do that by checking the check box under TRAFFIC CONTROL RULES section. Just enter the IP address of the device or enter the range of the IP addresses of the device and select the required mode with the bandwidth.
- You can also schedule when these rules will work and when they will not.
- Click on Save Settings button to save your settings.
Do note that a poorly configured QoS can actually make things worse. So make sure that the rules you have made are actually helping your network.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues regarding using QOS (Quality of Service) on D-Link Router, please contact to D-Link Tech Support. Call on D-Link Technical Support toll-free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support