Internet meter is a feature present in Netgear Nighthawk routers which lets you keep track of how much data you have used in a period of time. You can also set days of month when it will start the tracking of data and resets its counter. You can set any limit for traffic volume as you want. Netgear Tech Support suggests you to use this feature as it will help you to keep track of how much data you have used in a month especially when you have a limited internet plan and your ISP charges you for extra data used by you.
This Netgear Technical Support article will guide you on how to setup and use this feature.
Follow steps below to configure your router:
- Open a web browser from a computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com or enter the IP address of the router.
- Enter the username and password of the router. Default username is admin and default password is password.
- Go to ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Traffic Meter.
- Click on Enable Traffic Meter checkbox to enable the feature.
- Now you can either set a data limit or time limit for your connection.
- Under Traffic Counter section, you can set when your counter will reset.
- Under Traffic Control section, you can set if you want to see the warning message when you have reached the limit and what actions should be taken after that. You can either change the internet LED colour on the router from green to amber so that you know that the limit is reached and/or you can also disable the internet connection.
- When you have configured your router according to your needs, click on Apply button to save your settings.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Netgear Nighthawk Support. Call on Netgear Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.