Most ISPs (Internet Service Providers) assign a Dynamic IP address to the modem or to a computer to give them internet connectivity. This helps them to keep track of the Internet account which is using that dynamic IP at that time. This IP address identifies the router or the computer’s internet connection. This IP address can also be used to access your network remotely but since it is dynamically assigned, it changes every time you reconnect your network to the internet. This is the reason why most people do not know their dynamic IP address. Using dynamic DNS to access your network in Netgear Nighthawk routers is easy now, just a call away.
You can use Dynamic DNS service via you Dynamic DNS account which you have made earlier to easily access your network remotely over the internet.
Netgear Support recommends you to use this feature since you will need this if you want to access your hard-disk remotely over the internet or if you want to setup the FTP server.
This Netgear Tech Support article will guide you on how to using dynamic DNS to access your network in Netgear Nighthawk routers.
Keep this in mind that if your ISP assign you a private IP address then this will not work.
Follow steps below:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net or enter the IP address of your router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted. Default username is admin and default password is password.
- Go to ADVANCED > Advanced Settings > Dynamic DNS and click on Use a Dynamic DNS Service checkbox.
- Select the service provider list from the drop down list.
- Click on Yes radio button.
- Enter the information in the respective field.
- Click on Apply button to save your settings.
To check if Dynamic DNS service is enabled or not, click on Show Status button to know the status of the service.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Netgear Technical Support. Call on Netgear Router Support toll-free number at +1 408 786 5518.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support