DDNS stands for Dynamic Domain Name System is used to assign a computer a fixed domain name without changing its DHCP configuration. Since it does not assign a static IP address and also retain the DHCP configuration, the network is still protected by potential hackers and attackers.
If you want to access your network remotely and securely, Linksys Router Support suggests you to use this feature. It will also allow you to access the devices in the network. In this way you can also access devices like camera in your network using DDNS for remote monitoring. It is also a great choice if you want to host your website or setup a server without disabling DHCP.
This Linksys Tech Support will guide you on how to configure DDNS service on your Linksys Router.
Do note that Linksys Routers only support DynDNS and TZO DDNS service providers. Make sure that you have signup to either www.dyndns.org or www.tzo.com.
Follow steps below:
- Login to your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account by entering the IP address of the router or go to myrouter.local.
- Enter the password when prompted. Default password is admin.
- Go to Security > Apps and Gaming.
- Select the DDNS service provider you will use from the drop down menu.
- Fill in the fields like username, password and hostname. Refer to your DDNS account for these details. Click on the Update button to save your details.
- After the Status is changed to Success, click on Apply button to save your settings.
- Click on OK button to exit.
DDNS service is now configured in your router and should now work accordingly. If you are unable to set it up, make sure that you have entered the correct information.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Linksys Router Support. Call on Linksys Router Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.