Upgrading firmware of TP-link routers is very important as it eliminates the possible bugs or broken things in the software of your router. This can greatly improve performance of your router and makes it more reliable. It should be checked every month if a firmware upgrade is available.
This TP-Link Technical Support will guide you on how to upgrade your TP Link router’s firmware easily and safely.
Things TP-Link Technical Support suggests you should remember before upgrading your router’s firmware:
- Do not upgrade the router’s firmware when it is connected to computer wirelessly. Connect the router to the computer via Ethernet cable before upgrading.
- Do not turn off the router or disconnect the router from the computer during upgradation process.
- Make sure that you have downloaded the firmware of your router and not of some other router model.
- Always make a configuration backup before proceeding.
- Do take a look on Notes section on the TP-Link’s website from where you will download the firmware. It gives necessary information about the firmware and also tells if you can use the old configuration file with new firmware.
Follow steps below to upgrade your router’s firmware:
- Go to the TP-Link’s website and download the firmware for your router.
- Extract the .zip file which you have downloaded.
- Connect the router to the computer via Ethernet cable and enter the IP address of the router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to System Tools > Firmware Upgrade.
- You can use Check for upgrade button to automatically upgrade your router if the update is available or you can choose the firmware file which you have extracted from the .zip file you have downloaded by click on Browse button.
- Click on Upgrade button to start the process. The router will restart during upgradation process.
- After upgradation process is complete check the router’s firmware version to make sure that router is successfully upgraded.
You should reset your router after upgrading its firmware.
If you are facing any issues about Upgrading firmware of TP-link routers, please contact to TP-Link Technical Support. Call on TP-Link Technical Support toll free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Read this article on “How to Configure TP-link range extender?”
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support