The Router Password is an administrator password that is used while accessing the router’s web-based setup page. The default Router Password for all Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers is “admin”. So, you can easily update your Router Password to a new one to ensure that your router remains safe from unauthorised access. We explain you about updating the router password through the Linksys smart WI-FI account .Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account is a free service provided by all Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers. With your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account, you also get Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Tools and access to Mobile Apps that make your home network easier to manage. Some features of Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account are:
- Add mobile devices, tablets and TV’s to your network.
- Give guests internet access.
- Manage parental controls.
- Secure access to router settings anytime and anywhere.
This Linksys Support article will guide you to update your Router Password through Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account.
Follow these steps:
- Open your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account. You can open this account by opening any web browser , enter your router’s default IP address 192.168.1.1 or type myrouter.local in the address bar and Press Enter.
- Select the Connectivity option from the Router Settings.
- Click on Edit option that is beside Router Password category.
- Now, enter your Current Password. Then, enter the New Password for your router and re-enter it in the Confirm New Password field. You can also enter the Router password hint that is optional to specify.
- Click the Apply button.
- On the pop-up box, click on yes option and then click on OK.
If you forgot your Router Password then Linksys Router Support suggests you to perform a hardware reset to restore your router to Factory default settings.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues regarding updating the router password through the Linksys smart WI-FI account please contact to Linksys Technical Support. Call on Linksys Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-808-1303
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support