In this article Netgear Router Support team will give you instructions on configure Netgear Orbi to be used as an access point. It is the latest innovation from Netgear offering seamless connectivity to the internet. Whether you are sitting in your bedroom or outside in the balcony, Orbi has got you covered. The Netgear Orbi is essentially two routers in one with the second unit as a Wi-Fi extender providing top-of-the-line performance. Each of the Orbi router has both Ethernet and USB ports along with a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band for complete connectivity.
Along with Orbi, Netgear has also one of the best customer care services known as Netgear Router Tech Support. The experts are available round-the-clock to help you resolve any issue affecting the performance of your Netgear product. Here we discuss about How to configure Orbi to be used as an access point.
I want to use my Netgear Orbi as an access point, but I am not able to do so. What equipment would I need to do that? Please help
In order to use your Netgear Orbi as an access point for all internet connections, you will be needing the following items;
- Working Internet connection
- DSL or cable service
- Existing Gateway
- Ethernet Cable or a Wi-Fi connection
- Netgear Orbi Router
- Cell phone or any other Wireless device
I have all the required equipment for using Orbi as an access point, what to do now?
The experts at Netgear router customer support have come up with a step-by-step guide on how to configure your Netgear Orbi router to use it as an access point. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below;
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the Internet port of your Orbi router and to the LAN port of the existing router.
- Open your web browser from your computer or a mobile device connected to the Orbi network and enter http://orbilogin.com. A login window will open up.
- Enter the default router username and password. The default username is admin and password is password. After entering the credentials, click on Log In.
- Select Advanced then click on Advanced setup and then Router/AP Mode.
- Select AP Mode.
- Click on Apply. Your settings will be saved. You can now use your Orbi router as an access point.
However, if you are still facing an issue while trying to use your Netgear Orbi router as an access point. Do not worry, just contact the experts at Netgear router support number via toll-free +1 888 808 1303
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support