A lot have been written about router troubleshooting, setting up steps, configuration guide and many router issues and solutions to it. But very rarely it has been addressed that how to actually use a router. Addressing this question is equally important, considering the number of non-technical users we come across every now and then. Not every customer who buys a router knows how to use it. Therefore, Netgear router support experts at Icognix.net have come up with this Tips to Use a Netgear Wireless Router that addresses the very basic yet important router problem.
Throughout the article we will take into consideration a router brand – Netgear. This will make understanding easy. Check below the usage guide explained by Netgear Support team.
When using a router, always keep in mind safety guidelines. Firstly, we’ll start with the safety tips while using a Netgear router.
It is recommended you use a sharp router bit. Using a dull router bits not only affect the quality of workpiece but also could be dangerous.
Setting up a wireless router could be difficult for people who are not from technical background. A wireless router allows devices to connect to the internet from anywhere and at any time without the need of messy wires.
Before buying a wireless router, compare its features. Routers come in all shapes and sizes, and of course in different price range. So, please be very clear with your need and requirement when you purchase a wireless router.
Below is the guide to use a router as shared by Netgear Router support professionals.
Connecting your hardware
- Connect your router to your modem
- Connect any devices you want to hard wire with CAT5 (or better) Ethernet cables
- Connect at least one computer via Ethernet
Connecting your router to broadband printers
- When you power on the router, it will only create its Wi-Fi network, and the device will be connected to the router’s Wi-Fi connection, not the internet
- MAC of the router can be found printed on router or in the documents etc.
- Go to the internet service provider’s website
- Find the IP address of the router
- Open a web browser on the computer that is connected to the router
- Enter your username and password
- Open the Wireless Settings
- Enter a name for your wireless network
- Choose a security method
- Create a passphrase
- Save your settings
- Change your router’s username and password from the default
- Block sites (if desired)
Connect your devices
- Connect a computer, tablet, or smartphone to the wireless network
- Enter your wireless passphrase
- Connect your other devices
In case of any issues or queries regarding tips to Use a Netgear Wireless Router, Contact Netgear Technical Support experts on toll free number +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support