Before getting into the steps to set up ReadySHARE Vault, let us first know what it is. This article Guide you Steps to setup ReadySHARE Vault
ReadySHARE Vault is a free backup and disaster recovery software developed by Netgear. It copies from files from the Windows computer into the USB storage connected to your NETGEAR router.
Below are the instructions given by Netgear Support company to set up ReadySHARE Vault.
- Download and install the ReadySHARE Vault software.
- After installing the ReadySHARE Vault, the program will launch automatically and since it is a first time use, it will show that Backup is not yet set.
- Click on the Backup tab to create a backup.
- It will show that the software has detected the external hard drive. You can actually use the 2 USB ports and connect 2 external hard drives. In this example, there is only 1 USB port used.
- You can select the backup source using either “Smart Selection” or manually select the backup folder by clicking “Add Files/Folders“.
- It will open a window where you can select which drive/folder to backup. In this example, we are going to backup a folder named “Test Backup” under “My Documents“.
- Netgear tech support experts recommend to click on OK to go back to the Backup window then you can click on “Save and Start Backup”. Under the Step 3: Security, you can set it to password protected (Optional) by ticking on the box beside “Enable Secure Data”.
- The backup would start and wait for it to finish.
- For restoring files, we will now delete the files we just finished doing a backup.
- Open the ReadySHARE Vault software and click on the “Restore” tab at the top and select the backup that was just created. Click on “Next”.
- In step 2, you can either select if you want to retrieve the folder in its original location or to an alternate location. You can also decide if you want to replace the files or not. Once done, click on the “Restore Now” button.
- After restore process is completed, click on OK.
You will now see that the deleted files under the “Test Backup” folder is now restored in its original location
In case of any query about Steps to setup ReadySHARE Vault, you can get in touch with Netgear tech support professionals at Icognix. They can be reached on their support toll free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support