Folder sharing is basically a computer resource made available from one host to other hosts on a computer network. It is a piece of information on a computer that can be remotely accessed from another computer via a local area network or an enterprise intranet. It helps people working for same project to share and access each other’s information. In order to enable folder sharing, firstly you have to change the Workgroup name of your computers. And Linksys Support suggests you to have a minimum level of security on your antivirus or internet security software so that your computer communicates properly with other computers in the network. This Linksys Tech Support article will guide you to Sharing a folder using a windows based computer from Linksys router on these operating systems:
- Windows 10/8/7/Vista
- Windows XP
Follow these steps:
- Right click on the folder that you want to share and then clickon the Properties option in the Drop down list.Select the Sharing option and then click on Advanced Sharing option.
2. In the Advanced Sharing window, click on the Share this folder box.
3. Now, click on Apply and then click on OK and close the window.
- Right click on the folder that you want to share and then click on the Properties option in the Drop down list.
- Select the Sharing option and then, click on the Share this folder box.
- Now, click on Apply and then click on OK and close the window.
After following these steps, now you can easily share the folder with the other members of your Workgroup. If you are facing any problem in accessing shared folders, then make sure that you have unique computer name for each computer and also you belong to the same Workgroup.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues about Sharing a folder using a windows based computer from Linksys router, please contact to Linksys Tech Support. Call on Linksys Tech Support toll-free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support