NETGEAR, the number one choice for anyone looking for network connection devices that offer not only seamless connection to the web world but also high-quality performance. The company has been providing state-of-the-art technology to both individuals and businesses. The wide variety of wireless and wired network devices by Netgear provide the users with a number of benefits including ultra-speed, online security owing to WPA technology, Parental controls, better network range and dual band support. Here solution of How to setup Orbi router and satellite.
Among its plethora of products, Netgear has Orbi. Orbi has been designed keeping in mind the idea of providing better wireless network coverage. This has been made possible as it combines the power of two routers in one, with the first one acting as a Wi-Fi extender. Netgear also has an effective customer care unit; the Netgear Technical Support to tackle any issue interfering with the proper performance of any Netgear product.
I have purchased an Orbi device. How can I setup my Orbi router and satellite?
Orbi, the latest innovation by the technical experts at Netgear allows users to extend the range of their wireless networks with ease. However, those purchasing such a device for the first time might find it a bit confusing about how to properly configure their Orbi router and satellite.
There is no need to worry as the experts at Netgear Router Tech Support have come up with guidelines to assist you in resolving this issue.
Guidelines for setting up Orbi router and satellite
- Unplug your modem and remove and replace the backup battery if it uses one.
- Plug the modem back in.
- Connect your modem to the yellow Internet port on your Orbi router using the included Ethernet cable.
- Connect your Orbi router to a power source. If the Power LED on the back of the Orbi router does not light up then press the Power On/Off button.
- Wait for the Orbi router’s ring LED to light solid white and then pulse white.
- Place the Orbi satellite in the middle of your house to get the best Wi-Fi coverage.
- Connect the Orbi satellite to a power source.
Note: If the Power LED on the back of the Orbi satellite does not light, press the Power On/Off button.
- Wait for the Orbi satellite’s ring LED to light solid white, then pulse white, and then pulse magenta. The Orbi satellite ring LED will show magenta while the satellite will sync with the Orbi router.
- After the Orbi satellite’s ring LED pulses magenta, it lights one of the following colors for 10 seconds then turns off:
- Solid blue. The connection between the Orbi router and Orbi satellite is good.
- Solid magenta. The Orbi satellite cannot connect to the Orbi router. Move the Orbi satellite closer to the Orbi router.
- Solid amber. The connection between the Orbi router and Orbi satellite is fair. Try moving the Orbi satellite closer to the Orbi router.
Note: If the Orbi satellite’s ring LED is still pulsing magenta after about one minute, and you already moved the Orbi satellite closer to the Orbi router, press the Sync button on the Orbi router and on the Orbi satellite.
If the Orbi satellite successfully syncs with the Orbi router, the Orbi satellite’s ring LED pulses white, then lights solid blue to indicate a good connection, and then turns off.
- Now, connect your computer or mobile device to the Orbi router or satellite with an Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection. In order to connect with Wi-Fi, find the preset Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password on the label of the Orbi router or satellite and connect to that network from your Wi-Fi-enabled computer or mobile device.
- Visit http://orbilogin.com and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Orbi network. The Orbi router’s ring LED turns off after the setup is successfully complete.
However, if you still face any issue while setting up your Orbi router and satellite; contact the experts at Netgear support via toll-free number +1 888 808 1303
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support