Protecting your Wi-Fi network is very important and Belkin Support recommends you to protect your network while you set it up. This will save your wireless network from unauthorized access and from potential attackers who can harm you or your network in many ways like changing or deleting the data in your NAS (Network Attached Storage), shut your network down by using its resources and making it slow for everyone on the network. This Belkin Router Support article will guide you on Setting up wireless security on Belkin routers.
You can protect your wireless network by setting up an encryption like WPA or WPA2 which will ask user a password for the first time they will connect to the network. Without this password, they will not be able to connect to the wireless network.
WEP, WPA and WPA2 are type of encryption that will protect your wireless network. WEP is an old encryption type and is not as secure as WPA or WPA2. Belkin Technical Support recommends you to use WPA2 encryption if possible because this is the latest encryption type and is the most secured encryption among all the encryptions. Some old devices may not support WPA2 encryption. In that case, you can use WEP encryption.
To setup wireless encryption on your Belkin router, follow steps below:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Enter the IP address of the router. Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to Security on the left navigation panel.
- Select the Encryption type you want to use from the Security Mode drop down list and click on Apply Changes button. We recommend you to select WPA/WPA2-Personal(PSK).
- Now select the authentication type from the Authentication drop down list and enter the password for the network in Pre-Shared Key (PSK) text field.
- Click on Apply Changes button to save your settings.
Wireless Security is now configured on your Belkin router. Now every time a new user will connect to your wireless network for the first time, it will be asked for the password you have set during configuration of your router. If you have any questions or are facing any issues about Setting up wireless security on Belkin routers, please contact to Belkin Tech Support Toll-free Number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support