VPN stands for virtual private network. It is used to decrypt and encrypt the incoming and outgoing data in your network respectively so that no one can know what you are accessing over the internet. This helps you anonymously access the internet or any other network like public networks where you don’t want to share what you are accessing. Even the ISPs cannot know what you are accessing or have accessed on the internet with the help of VPN. Many large organisations also use this to make a private network so that employees can work from their home with the help of VPN through which they can share the data without fear of being monitored by suspicious people.
Linksys Router Support suggests you to use a VPN service if you want to encrypt the data you are sending or you want to anonymously access the internet.
This Linksys Router Support article will guide you on how to configure VPN service on your Linksys router.
There are many VPN services you can use. Whatever service you use, they will provide you a server IP address, username and password. You need all three of these to configure your router. You must also be connected to the internet to use VPN.
Follow steps below to configure your router:
- Open a web browser from a computer connected to the router and enter the IP address of the router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to Setup > Basic Setup.
- From the drop down menu, choose PPTP.
- Check Obtain an IP Address Automatically.
- Now enter the username, password and Server’s IP address provided by the VPN service provider.
- Now click on Save button to save your settings.
Your router is now configured and should work accordingly.
If you are facing any issues or have any questions, please contact to Linksys Router Support. Call on Linksys Router Support toll free number at 1-888-479-2017.