Router is one of the most important device in a network. It lets the other devices connect to it via Ethernet or via Wi-Fi. The devices connected to it can access the network and can use features of the router like accessing the internet, exploring the NAS (Network Attached Storage), transferring files from one device to another and so on. Router also provides the security to the network by using various encryption methods. Setting up the router properly is very important for proper functioning of the network. This D-Link Support article will guide you on setting Up D-Link Router for the First Time.
Follow steps below to configure your router:
- First of all, unplug your modem.
- Connect the router to the computer via Ethernet cable and connect the modem to the router.
- Now turn on your modem and router. Wait for the LEDs on the modem and router to get stable.
- Now open a web-browser from the computer and go to http://dlinkrouter/ or enter the IP address of the router. The default IP address is 192.168.0.1.
- A web-based page will appear which will guide you through the process.
- Click on Next button to continue.
- The router will now try to detect the type of internet connection you are using. If the router failed to do so, a window will appear informing you the same.
- If your router fails to identify the type of internet connection you are using, then click on the Guide me through the Internet connection settings button. A list of different types of connection will show up. Select the type of your internet connection and click Next. If you do not know what type of internet connection you are using, contact your ISP.
- According to the connection type, your ISP may also provide you other information like username and password. Enter the username and password and click Next button.
- Now enter the SSID and password for your Wi-Fi network. You can enter different SSID and password for different bands on your router. D-Link Tech Support suggests you to keep your password unique and hard to guess. Click on Next button to continue.
- You may now get asked for the new password for the web-based setup page. Enter your desired password and click on Next.
- If you have a D-Link account, sign in to it and if you don’t, register for the same. D-Link Tech Support recommends to sign in to the mydlink account for more features like D-Link Cloud services.
Your router is now configured and should work accordingly. If you have any questions or are facing any issues regarding setting Up D-Link Router for the first time, please contact to D-Link Technical Support. Call on D-Link Tech Support toll-free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support