This post is about Setting up D-Link AC Wi-Fi router. A router is a device which is used to connect different networks and also lets other devices connect to your network. It is different from the modem. Most people often get confused between the two. In simple words, Modem is used to connect to the internet and router is used to connect the devices to that network. Using router, you can also connect various devices like printer and NAS (Network Attached Storage) which then can be used by all of the devices connect to that network saving money.
This D-Link Tech Support article will guide you on how to configure your D-Link AC Wireless router. This guide will apply to almost all of the D-Link routers.
To configure your router, make sure that your modem is able to connect to the internet.
To configure your router, follow steps below:
- Turn off your modem and connect your router to the modem via Ethernet cable.
- Now turn on the modem and then turn on the router. Wait for the LEDs on the router and modem to get stable.
- Connect your computer to the router via Ethernet cable. You can also connect your computer wirelessly to the router. To do that, look for the Wi-Fi configuration card in the box of the router to now the SSID and password for the router. D-Link Tech Support recommends to use the Ethernet cable for reliable connection.
- Now open the internet browser from the computer and enter the IP address of the router or go to http://dlinkouter.local./.
- A web page will appear. Select the language and click on Next.
- Your router may detect the type of internet connection. If it does not, select the connection type given below. If you have no idea about your connection type, contact your ISP. They will give you all the required information.
- Enter the required information that your ISP has provided and click Next.
- Now enter SSID and password for your Wi-Fi network and click on Next. D-Link Tech Support suggests you to use a unique password and it should be the combination of letters, numbers and special symbols for extra security.
- Click on Save button to save your settings.
D-Link Tech Support suggests you to make a backup of the current settings for easy restoration in future.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues regarding Setting up D-Link AC Wi-Fi router, please contact to D-Link Tech Support. Call on D-Link Tech Support toll free number at +1 888 808 1303 or send an E-mail.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support