Reserve IP address of your Netgear router
IP address of your router changes every time whenever you reconnect it to the internet which means that any of your devices connected to the router will also get a new IP Address each time they are being connected. But what if you want to reserve the IP address for your router, computer or any of your device?
It can be done on NETGEAR router with the help of NETGEAR genie.
Reserving the IP address can be helpful in offices/schools/colleges where the transfer of files between the computers is done regularly between computers with the help of IP address. You can pin point to any device if you know its IP address. When you reserve the IP address for a device on LAN, it will always receive the same IP address each time it accesses the router’s DHCP server. You can assign the IP address to computers, phones or servers that require permanent IP settings.
Reserving the IP address:
- Open the internet browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to ADVANCED > Setup > LAN setup.
- In the Address Reservation section, click Add.
- Type the IP address in the IP Address field to assign it to the computer or server. You must choose an IP address from router’s LAN subnet such as 192.168.1.x.
- Enter the MAC address and name of your device.
- Click Apply.
To use the assigned IP address, you must reconnect your device to the network after you have made the above changes.
If you are still having any trouble, please contact to Netgear tech support. The router support team is available round-the-clock for your assistance. You can reach the professionals via chat, phone call or email. Netgear technical support team can be contacted on Netgear tech support number at 1-888-479-2017 (Toll free).