Before understanding the repair procedure, let’s know the symptoms.
- When trying to save/apply changes for Wireless Settings, it fails with the error message WPS process is in progress
- Unable to get over the pop-message after disabling WPS feature using the WPS wizard
- WPS LED blinks even after you clicked on Apply button in Wireless setting
Now Netgear tech support will explain you the steps to resolve the WPS error message problem.
- Press and hold the WPS button on the router for 30 seconds, or until the WPS LED becomes steady, then click Apply under Wireless Setting
*Note: The location of the WPS button on other NETGEAR routers may differ from the image above, but it will normally be marked with a lock symbol
- If WPS button is pressed, primarily the LED blinks on and off continuously and blinks fast, and then the LED becomes stable
- While saving/applying Wireless Settings, Wi-Fi and WPS LEDs blink on and off, and will become steady once settings are successfully saved/applied
- In case you save/apply Wireless Settings with SSID broadcast disabled, the following message will appear:
“WPS requires SSID broadcasting in order to work. In case you make this change WPS will become inaccessible. Do you want to continue?”
In case if the above issue still persists, contact Netgear tech support on toll free number at 1-888-479-2017. Call the Netgear tech support for assistance now.