While setting up Norton antivirus is easy, for most it is the toughest thing, because they are not technically sound. It is to help such users Norton customer support team of Icognix has drafted this article. Read on.
Before starting with the installation or setup process of Norton Antivirus software, users must note that improper installation may lead to partial or no protection of computer or PC from viruses. One of the most important things a user should do is removing the previously installed antivirus package. How to remove antivirus programs?
In order to remove any other antivirus or firewall programs you may have on your computer, Norton customer support team suggests following steps:
- Click the Windows Start button and then click Control Panel.
- Click on Add/Remove programs. [In Windows Vista or Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program.]
- From the list of installed programs, click any other antivirus or firewall program that you want to remove, and then click Remove or Uninstall.
- Click Remove All to confirm that you want to uninstall the product.
- Click Restart Windows Now (Recommended), and then click Finish.
Steps to install and activate Norton Antivirus
Below are the steps suggested by Norton customer support team:
- You can install and activate Norton from a CD or a downloaded file:
- Insert the CD into your computer’s CD-ROM drive (if you are installing from a download, double-click the file you downloaded and proceed to step 2).
- Place a check in the box next to Norton Security Software, and click Next.
- When the installation is complete, find and open the Norton Security Software folder on your desktop.
- Double-click on the Install Norton AntiVirus.exe icon to begin the installation.
- Find the location of the downloaded file NetZero_NAV2012_EN.exe and double-click on it to begin the installation.
- If you do not want to join Norton Community Watch, uncheck this option. By default, this option is checked.
- Click OK to begin the installation, or click Install Options to change where Norton installs, and then click Browse to locate the new location.
- Click the User License Agreement, read the User License Agreement, and then click OK.
- Click Agree and Install.
- After completing the installation, Norton Antivirus launches automatically.
- Click the Activate Now button.
- Type in your PIN, and then click Activate.
In case of any issue, please contact Norton technical support. For expert assistance, kindly contact Norton customer support professionals on Norton support number at 1-888-479-2017 (Toll free).