How do I set up my router is one of the most common questions one will hear every now and then. Every wireless router typically comes with an in-the-box instruction booklet for set up. The instructions differ from brand to brand. While it comes with set up instruction detailing, expert support is essential for proper and complete installation.
If you own a Netgear router, your Netgear router support executive might recommend you to have a PC with a network adapter, as well as an active high-speed Internet connection.
Steps to set up a Netgear router
Installing a router allow your devices (computer, laptop, mobile phone etc.) to connect to the internet anytime anywhere in the house.
Routers come in different shapes and sizes, and of different brands. Before buying a router, one should compare features to choose the right router suiting your preference. Netgear routers are named as the best router due to its economical price, easy installation and reliable Netgear tech support.
Below is the typical router set up process:
Initially, you need to set up a router. The instruction booklet will explain you everything from start to end. Netgear routers comes with excellent Netgear technical support, they help their customers throughout the process.
In order to configure your router for cable internet connection follow the below tips:
- Connect your modem to the internet port of the Netgear router and your PC to any of the four LAN ports.
- Once you are done with Step 1, switch on and off the computer, router and modem. Wait for them all to complete booting up.
- Open a browser and type the router IP address in the address bar and hit the ENTER button
- As soon as you press the Enter button, a login window pops up, prompting you to enter your username and password.
- In case of any additional assistance, you can always contact Netgear router support for assistance in login or related queries.
- You may enter default log in credentials as below:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
*Users must note that the username and password are case sensitive. Be careful while entering the log in details.
- After you enter the credentials and press enter, you will see a setup wizard option. Click on Setup Wizard. The moment you click on it, the setup wizard screen will be displayed.
- Click Yes and click Next
The Setup Wizard spots the internet connection type. In case of cable internet connections, the Setup Wizard detects Dynamic IP.
- Once done, click Next. The router saves the settings.
Before ending the process, look at the IP address field to check if it is showcasing a valid IP address.
*Note: Here, valid IP address means the field is filled with valid numbers, and not blank or filled with zeros 0.0.0.0.0
Users can get in touch with Netgear tech support team for troubleshooting. The company offers best support service.