To physically set up the router:
- Take out any cords connecting the modem to the Desktops/Laptops.
- Plug in the router to the modem: Plug one end of an Ethernet cable to the modem and the other end into the isolated port on the router. The isolated port is yellow or slightly set apart from the rest of the router ports.
- Connect the router to the Computer: Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the PC’s Ethernet port, then the other end into any one of the four LAN ports on the router. If there are stickers blocking the LAN ports, remove them.
- Plug in the router’s power adapter and check the Power light to ensure that the router is on.
Netgear Router Setup Process:
- Connect your modem to the Internet port of the NETGEAR router and your computer to any of the four LAN ports:
- Switch the PC, router, and broadband/cable modem, off and on again. Wait for them all to finish booting up.
- Launch a browser and type the router’s IP address in the browser’s address bar and press Enter.The address is one of the following by default:
A login window displays, prompting you to enter your username and password.
- Enter the default login credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
Note: The login credentials are case-sensitive.
You are now logged in to the router’s user interface.
- Click Setup Wizard.
The Setup Wizard screen displays.
- Select Yes for the Setup Wizard to detect the type of Internet connection and click Next.
The Setup Wizard detects the type of Internet connection. For Cable Internet connections, the Setup Wizard detects Dynamic IP.
7. Click the Next button.
8. Do not change the default settings unless your ISP gave you specific DNS information that must be configured.
9. Click Apply to save the settings.
10. Click the Test button to test your Internet connection.
11. The router will now save these settings. When complete, you can verify whether you are connected to the Internet from the Router Status > Maintenance menu.
You’re on the right page, if you’re searching for: Netgear Router Setup, How to setup Netgear router, Netgear setup, Netgear setup wizard, Netgear WiFi setup, Netgear Modem Setup, Netgear Wireless Router Login, Netgear Router Settings, Setting up Netgear Router, Netgear Support, Configure Netgear Router, Netgear Router Configuration, How to Configure Netgear Router, Netgear Configuration, How to install Netgear router, Netgear router problems, Access netgear router, netgear router access, Netgear router ip, Netgear wireless router ip, Default ip for Netgear, Wireless Router setup, How to setup wireless router, How to setup WiFi router, How to setup WiFi at home, Netgear router setup help California, Netgear router setup help New Jersey, Netgear router setup help Los Angeles, Netgear router setup help San Diego, Netgear router setup help San Jose, Netgear router setup help San Francisco, Netgear router setup help Long Beach, Netgear router setup help Oakland, Netgear router setup help USA, Netgear router setup help Canada, and Netgear Routers Helpline.