Netgear Router IP Address for Windows XP?
Netgear routers are popular among users for different reasons. Some of the common ones include quality, performance and affordability. Many-a-times users are stuck with a question – What is my Netgear Router IP Address for Windows XP?.
While most users are technical enough to find out the IP address on their own, there are others who aren’t expert in doing this. Such people either choose a Netgear tech support provider or look for DIY articles online.
In this article, we bring you guidance from a Netgear router support company, Icognix experts. They share the methods to find out the current IP address of your Netgear home router. Read on
How to locate Netgear Router IP Address
By default, every Netgear router IP address should be assigned as either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. This can be accessed by typing http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com into your web browser address bar.
Sometimes it happens that when you type the above IP address, the web page displays errors like ‘Page cannot be displayed’ or ‘This webpage is not available.’ What does this mean? It might mean that your IP address may have been changed.
Below we’ll help you locate the IP address of your Netgear home router.
Command Prompt Method (applicable on Windows-based computers only)
- Click on the Start button or Start menu and choose All Programs.
- Click on Accessories and then Command Prompt.
*Note: If you are using a Windows 8 computer, swipe up from the bottom to show the Apps screen or click on the down arrow icon at the bottom of the screen. Now that you’re on the Apps screen, swipe or scroll to the right and locate the Windows System section heading. Under Windows System, click Command Prompt.
- Type in ipconfig and press the Enter or Return key.
- Locate the Default Gateway. The numerical value to the right is the IP address of your router.
Most people use Windows XP even today, so we tell you the steps to find the IP address for this operating system. Follow the steps below:
- From the Start menu, right-click on My Network Places, and then click Properties.
- If your computer is hardwired to the router, double-click Local Area Connection. If your computer is connected wirelessly, double-click Wireless Network Connection.
- Click the Support tab, and then click Details. The pop-up window will display the router IP address.
In case of any problem, you can contact Icognix professionals on +1 888 808 1303 (Toll free). The company offers Netgear tech support or Netgear support service for both home and business.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support