A wireless network is a type of computer network that uses wireless data connections for connecting network nodes. Wireless networks are generally implemented and administered using radio communication. Linksys Dual-Band routers provide you with an option to set up your wireless network using either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz frequency bands or both. If you want to connect to a 5 GHz network then you can check your laptop’s documentation if its wireless adapter is capable of connecting to a 5 GHz wireless network or not & Manually setting the wireless network of your Linksys dual-band router.
Follow these steps:
- Firstly, access the router’s web-based setup page.
- Click on the Wireless tab.
- Under the Basic Wireless Settings option, select the Manual box.
- Now, select a Wireless Band (select either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band) and a Network Mode.
- For the Linksys Wi-Fi routers, you may enable either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band, or both by setting the Network Mode to your desired standard (i.e. mixed, Wireless-N only, etc.).
- Enter a Network Name (SSID).
- For Network Mode select Mixed or Wireless-N only, and then select Auto on the Channel Width option. Channel Width is automatically set to 20 MHz only.
- Select a Wireless Channel from the drop-down list.
- Set the SSID Broadcast to Enabled to broadcast your 2.4 and 5 GHz networks.
- Click on Save Settings to apply changes.
Linksys Tech Support wants to inform you that you can also change your wireless network’s name and password using the Linksys Connect Software.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Linksys Tech Support. Call on Linksys Router Support toll-free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support