Router is a very important device for the network. It lets the data to be transferred between different networks and also lets other device connect to network easily. Wireless routers are very convenient as you can easily connect your computers and smartphones or even devices like wireless printers, NAS to the router which then can be used by all of the devices connected to the network.
This Belkin Tech Support article will guide you on how to setup your router. In this Belkin Tech Support article, we are assuming you are setting up your router for the first time.
To manually set up your Belkin Router, follow steps below:
- Turn off your modem and then connect your router to the modem via Ethernet cable.
- Connect your router to your computer via Ethernet cable.
- Now turn on the modem. When the LEDs on the modem get stable, turn on the router.
- Launch the web browser from the computer which is connected to the router
- Enter the IP address of the router in the web browser which is 192.168.2.1.
- Click on Login button. When it prompts for the password, leave it blank and click on Submit button.
- Go to Internet WAN > Connection Type.
- Now select the Connection Type from the list. Common connection types Dynamic and PPPoE. If you don’t know what to choose, contact your ISP. Click on Next button.
- Your ISP should have provided you a username and password. If you do not have them, ask your ISP about them. They should provide you a username and password.
- Click on Apply Changes button to save your settings.
- Your router is now configured and should be connected to the internet. The Internet Status which is on the upper right corner should now be shown as Connected.
If you are facing any issues or have any questions, please contact to Belkin Tech Support. Call on Belkin Tech Support toll free number at 1-888-479-2017.