Range Extenders, as the name suggests are used to extend the range of your wireless network by repeating the wireless signals of any access point or router in your network.
Linksys Router Support recommends you to use a Range Extender if you have a large place and want to cover the whole place with strong wireless signals for better connectivity. This greatly helps in extending your network and avoiding connection drops.
This Linksys Router Support will guide you on how to setup Linksys Range Extender. The setup is fairly easy. You will need your wireless network’s SSID (network’s name), Wireless channel and the password to configure the Range Extender.
Follow steps below to configure your Range Extender:
- Power on the Range Extender and connect it to your computer via Ethernet cable.
- Wait for the LEDs on the Range Extender to get stable.
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the Range Extender.
- Enter the default username and password when prompted. Leave the username field blank and enter “admin” in the password field.
- Go to Wireless > Basic Settings.
- Click on the Manual radio button.
- Enter the SSID of the network which you want to extend.
- Select the security type which your router is using and enter the password of your wireless network.
- Click on Save Settings button to save your settings.
- Now unplug the Range Extender from the computer and unplug the power cables of both the router and Range Extender for 30 seconds.
- Now turn on the router and wait for the LEDs on the router to get stable.
- Now turn on the Range Extender. The Range Extender should now be connected to your router and now should work without any problems.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Linksys Router Support. Call on Linksys Router Support number at 1-888-479-2017 (Toll free).