MAC filtering is a feature present in Belkin routers which lets the administrator of the network to allow only the devices he has permitted to connect to the network. Every device has a unique MAC address which cannot be changed. This MAC address acts as the identity of the device. All you need is a MAC address of the device to either block or allow the device to connect to the network. You can find the MAC address of the device in the wireless adapter settings of the computer or in the device info option in android and iOS devices. This Belkin Router Support article will guide you on how to setup up MAC filtering on Belkin Router.
Do note that Belkin Technical Support do not recommend to use this feature as a stand-alone security feature as a device’s MAC address can be changed temporarily by MAC spoofing and can also be given to other device so they can then connect to the network. It is recommended to use a strong encryption with strong password on your network.
To configure your router, follow steps below:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to http://router or enter the IP address of the router. The default IP address of the router is 192.168.2.1.
- Enter the username and password when prompted to access the web-based setup page.
- Go to Firewall > MAC Address Filtering.
- Tick the Enable MAC Address Filtering checkbox to enable this feature.
- To allow the device to connect to the network, enter the MAC address of the device and click on << Add button.
- To block a device, enter the MAC address of the device and tick the Block checkbox.
- Click on Apply Changes button to save your settings.
Your router is now configured and should work accordingly. You can add more devices anytime you want using same procedure.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Belkin Support. Call on Belkin Tech Support toll-free number at +1 888 808 1303. In case if the above steps Mac Filtering on Belkin Routers don’t work, contact us on our toll free number
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support