In this article Netgear Support experts at Icognix helps you Locating your Netgear Router IP Address through Mac OS X Terminal Method. This article is for those who are using Mac OS X Terminal method. Read the below steps carefully for desired outcome.
Finding IP Address Using Mac OS X Terminal Method
Take into consideration the below pointers laid down by Netgear technical support experts at Icognix – the professional tech support company.
- Launch the Terminal located in /Applications/Utilities/
- Type the following command: ifconfig |grep inet
- The requested information will show up look similar to this:
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
inet6 fe80::fa1e:dfff:feea:d544%en1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5
inet 192.168.0.100 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.0.255
- Your router IP address is usually the next to last entry of broadcast and in the example, it is 192.168.0.255.
- The other command line option you can use is: ifconfig getifaddr en1
*Important Note: This will show your en1 (usually wireless) IP address. You can change en1 to en0 on the command line to show your wired/Ethernet IP address.
After this you need to verify the adapter details. Don’t know how to do it? Read the below pointers by Netgear tech support experts carefully.
Authenticating Adapter Details Method
OS X 10.5 and later
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences. In System Preferences, select Network.
- In the Network Preferences window, click a network port based on the type of connection of your computer and the router (e.g., Ethernet, AirPort, and Wi-Fi).
- If you are connected, you will see the router IP address under Status.
OS X 10.3 or 10.4
- From the Apple menu, select Location, and then Network Preferences.
- In the Network Preferences window, select Network Status. You will see your network status and your router IP address displayed
If issue still continues and you are unable to Locating your Netgear Router IP Address through Mac OS X Terminal Method, kindly contact Netgear tech support professionals on Netgear Contact Support Number toll free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support