Before Netgear support professional explain you Do you know the steps to manually update the router firmware? Make sure you do not update the router firmware using a wireless connection.
In order to upgrade the firmware you should connect a PC to the Netgear router with the help of a wired Ethernet connection only.
Steps to Update the Netgear Router Firmware on your own
- Write down all the settings you changed from default values. You may need to re enter them manually after the firmware update is complete.
- Visit http://support.netgear.com, locate the support page for your router, and download the new firmware.
- Launch a web browser from a computer that is connected to the network.
- Visit http://www.routerlogin.com. If http://www.routerlogin.com does not work, try the following:
- You are prompted to enter a username and password. Enter the following default login credentials:
Note: username and password are both case sensitive
o Username: admin
o Password: password
Note: If the default login credentials do not work, you might have changed the admin password. If you cannot remember your new password, you must perform a factory reset to restore the router to its factory default settings.
The NETGEAR genie home page displays.
- Click ADVANCED > Administration > Router Update.
The Router Update page displays.
- Click Browse and find the file you downloaded.
- Click Upload.
Do NOT interrupt the update while the router performs this step.
Do you know the steps to manually update the router firmware? If not then please contact to Netgear Tech Support. Call on Netgear Tech Support toll-free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support