Remote management is a feature present in Netgear Routers which let you access your router’s configuration page over the WAN. Any allowed devices can use this feature no matter where they are in the world. As long as the device from which you want to access the router remotely has the internet connection and your router is connected to the internet, you can access your router’s management page and can change any settings as you want to.This Netgear Router Support will guide you on “how to Enabling remote management on Netgear routers.”
Netgear Router Support suggests you to use this feature if you want to manage someone else’s router remotely, get help by someone to manage your router, you want to access your router settings when you are on the go.
Though remote management is a very handy feature, Netgear Support recommends to use this feature only when needed and turn it off when you do not need it for security reasons. You should not use this feature if you have not changed your router’s default password as then anyone can access your router’s settings if you have given the remote access to everyone.
Always check for firmware update before proceeding.
To enable remote management for your router, follow steps below:
- Connect your router to the computer and launch the web browser.
- Enter the IP address of the router and enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to ADVANCED > Remote Management > Turn Remote Management On.
- Now enter the IP address of the computers which will let them access the router remotely. You can allow just one computer, range of computers or you can give access to everyone.
- The default port number is 8080. Leaving it as it is will work for most of the time. If your firewall blocks this port for some reason, use some different port number.
- Click Apply.
- Note down the IP address shown in the Remote Management Address box. You need to enter this address then colon (:) and then the port number to access the router remotely. For example, if your router’s IP address which was shown in the Remote Management Address box is 220.127.116.11 and port number is 8080, then you need to enter 18.104.22.168:8080 in the internet browser to access the router remotely from that device.
Remote management on your router is now enabled and should work as configured.
If you have any questions about Enabling remote management on Netgear routers, please contact to Netgear Router Support. Call on Netgear Tech Support toll free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support