By default, Netgear Extender extends all the bands of your router if your router and extender both support multiple bands. This lets devices to connect to any band they want for the internet but this mode reduces the performance of the Wi-Fi, i.e. it reduces the data transfer speed across the network. The Wi-Fi speed in this mode should suffice most users but if you transfer lots of data like for multimedia consumption, 4k streaming, you may need more speed to get lag free experience. Follow these basic steps to enabling FastLane Technology on Netgear Extender.
To get maximum performance of your Netgear Wifi extender, you can enable FastLane Technology in your Netgear Extender. What it does is that it uses one band for the connectivity of extender to the router and other band for the connectivity of extender to devices. This makes only one band available to the devices to connect to the extender.
Adding a range extender to your setup is a great way to increase range and stability of your network. This Netgear Technical support article will tell you the procedure to configure the Netgear range extender.
How to Configure Netgear Range Extender
Netgear Tech Support recommends to only use this feature if you are really in need of extra performance as this feature only lets devices use one band to connect to the network which may arise compatibility issues.
This Netgear Tech Support article will guide you on how to enable FastLane technology on your Netgear Extender.
Follow steps below to enable FastLane technology on your Netgear Extender:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the Range Extender.
- Go to http://www.mywifiext.net.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to Advanced > Operating Mode.
- Click on FastLane Technology radio button to enable the feature.
- You now have two options to choose from. Option 1 will use 2.4 GHz band to connect Extender to the router and will make 5 GHz band available to the devices and Option 2 will use 5 GHz band to connect extender to the router and will make 2.4 GHz band available to the devices. Select the option which meets your needs.
- Click on the Apply button to save your settings.
Netgear Tech Support suggests you to use Option 2 for better compatibility. Follow these basic steps to enabling FastLane Technology on Netgear Extender.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Netgear Support. Call on Netgear Technical Support USA toll-free number at+1 888 808 1303
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support