If you do not need a wireless network or you do not need a band in your wireless network, then Netgear Tech Support suggests you to disable the Wireless Radio for greater security. Disabling the Wireless Radio of your router will disable the wireless network and then no one will be able to find the network. You can also disable one or all bands in your wireless network according to your needs if you have multi-band router.
This Netgear Tech Support article will guide you on how to enable or disable wireless radio of your Netgear router.
There are two ways to disable the wireless radio. You can either use the buttons on the router to toggle the wireless radio or you can use the configuration page for the same.
Toggling the wireless radio from the physical button is pretty easy. Just hold the button for 5 seconds, the wireless LED will blink and the wireless radio will toggle. This however is not possible if the router is at inaccessible position. If this is the case, then you can toggle the Wireless Radio from the configuration page. Follow steps below to toggle wireless radio from the configuration page.
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Enter the IP address of the router or go to http://www.routerlogin.com.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to Advanced Menu > Wireless Settings.
- Check the Enable Wireless Router Radio check box to enable the radio or uncheck it to disable the radio. If you have a multi-band router, you need to do this for all the bands in your router.
- Click on Apply button to save your settings.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Netgear Tech Support. Call on Netgear Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.