You can get e-mails from your Netgear nighthawk router if someone in your network tries to access something which you have blocked. You can also configure it to send log files to your e-mail either when it is full or at the specific time of the day. Netgear Technical Support recommends to use this feature as this feature can be very useful especially when you are a network admin or you want to monitor your network.
This Netgear Tech Support article will guide you on how to configure e-mail notification on your Netgear nighthawk router.
Follow steps below to configure your router:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net or enter the IP address of the router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted. Default username is admin and default password is password.
- Now go to Advanced > Security.
- Click on E-mail tab on the left navigation panel.
- Click on the Turn E-mail Notification On check box to enable the feature.
- Now enter the primary e-mail address on which you want to get your e-mails. You can also enter secondary e-mail address if you so desire.
- Enter other information like Outgoing Mail Server, port number. You can also set port number on auto detection.
- If your mail server requires authentication, enter the username and password of your mail server.
- If you want to get e-mails immediately, click on Send Alert Immediately checkbox. You can also set when the logs will be mailed to you. You can either set a specific time or log will be sent to you when it is full.
- Click on Apply button once you have configured your router. If you have selected the auto detection of port number then wait for few seconds for router to detect the SMTP port number. It will take few seconds.
- To test if everything is working fine, go to Administration > Logs and click on Send Log button which will send the log file immediately to your e-mail.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Netgear Technical Support. Call on Netgear Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.