DHCP stands for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol and is responsible to assign the IP address to the devices which are connected to the router so that the devices can be distinguished easily. The IP address which is given to a device changes every time whenever that device reconnects to the network. However, you can assign a permanent IP address to any device you want by using DHCP reservation feature. Linksys Support suggests you to use this feature as assigning the IP address to your devices will make it easier to manage your devices if you are a network administrator and have a lot of devices. This Linksys Router Support article will guide you on how to enable DHCP Reservation in your Linksys Smart Router.
To Enable DHCP Reservation, follow steps below:
- Open a web browser from a computer which is connected to the router and enter the IP address of the router
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to Connectivity > Local Network > DHCP Server > Enable. This above step will enable DHCP reservation in your router.
- DHCP Reservations button in the bottom will display a list of devices connected to your router.
- To assign an IP address to a device, select device and click on Add DHCP Reservation button.
- Here you can add device’s name and the IP address which you want for this device.
- Click on Save button to save your settings.
- You can add more devices using same procedure. You can also delete the devices from the table by using Delete button.
Note that the IP address must be within the DHCP reservation range.
If you have any questions or are facing any problems about DHCP reservation on Linksys smart router, please contact to Linksys Technical Support @+1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support