Device Prioritization tool allows you to prioritize that which devices or applications on your network will get the most bandwidth for less lag time and buffering. It is a very useful and important feature of your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers. Linksys Tech Support recommends you to do this as per your needs as it is one of the best way to optimize your network which will make it faster and reliable as you can set priorities to devices like giving low priority to your phone but high priority to your main computer or if you are a gamer for example, you can set online gaming as the highest priority so that you can play games with least possible lag possible.
To use the device Prioritization feature on your mobile, you need to successfully install the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app on your device.
This Linksys Tech Support article will guide you to set up the Device Prioritization with Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app on your mobile device:
Follow these steps:
- Tap the Smart Wi-Fi app on your mobile device.
- Log in to your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account or you can also tap on Log in with Router Password at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select the Device Prioritization option from the Dashboard or you can also access this feature through the Menu.
4. Tap on Add Device option on the Device Prioritization screen. A list of devices connected to the network will be displayed.
5. Tap on the device you want to prioritize to select it and tap on Save. You can mainly prioritize 3 devices at a time.
You have successfully set up Device Prioritization for your devices.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Linksys Tech Support. Call on Linksys Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.