WPS stands for Wi-Fi protected Setup. It is a network security standard to create a secure wireless home network. It lets you connect WPS-supported devices to your router wirelessly. The Wi-Fi protected setup usually connects one device at a time. Some routers may not have WPS feature, so Linksys Router Support suggest to you use these methods if your router supports WPS feature. and Connecting Devices Using Wps On Your Linksys router you can use 3 methods to connect the device to your router using WPS feature:
- Connecting a device using the WPS button.
- Connecting a device using its WPS PIN.
- Connecting a device using Router’s WPS PIN.
This Linksys Router Support article will guide you to connect your devices on your Linksys router using WPS feature.
Follow these steps:
Connecting a device using the WPS button:
- Locate and press WPS button on your router.
- Within 2 minutes, click on WPS button on the device that you want to connect.
Connecting a device using its WPS PIN:
- Access your router’s web –based setup page by opening any web browser and enter “192.168.1.1” on the address bar and click ENTER.
- You will be asked for your LOG-IN details. Leave the USERNAME field blank and enter “admin” in the password field and click on OK.
- Go to Wireless > Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Enter your client device’s PIN in the blank field and click on Register button.
Connecting a device using Router’s WPS PIN:
- Follow the first 3 steps of the above method.
- You can find the Linksys router’s WPS PIN on the 3rd item of the Wi-Fi protected setup screen OR you can find PIN at the bottom of your router along with Serial No. And MAC address.
- Now enter your Router’s Unique PIN.
- After entering the PIN, your device will be connected.
In order to connect one of the LAN ports of the main Linksys router to the WAN port of the another router, the primary and the secondary router need to have different IP segments. It is important because this process will make it simple to classify which router the PC and other devices in the network are connected to.
Linksys router support professionals at Icognix helps you with the steps to cascade a Linksys router to another via LAN to WAN process. Read on the complete piece.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Linksys Router Support. Call on Linksys Router Support toll-free number at +1 888 808 1303. for Connecting Devices Using Wps On Your Linksys Router
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support