In our last post our Netgear support experts have explained you the steps to connect Windows 8 PC to a Netgear router’s wireless router. In this post we will tell How to Connect an Apple Mac OS X computer to a NETGEAR router’s wireless network? The aim is to make it easy for you to connect and add devices to the wireless network.
Firstly, in order to successfully establish wireless connection, you will have to gather the below wireless settings from your router or access point.
- SSID (network name)
- Type of wireless security. Example: WPA-WPA2
- Wireless password, passphrase, or security key
Steps to connect your Apple Mac OS X PC to a wireless router
In the past few days we have received many questions on this topic. So our Netgear technical support experts have created a help article. Follow the below process.
- Click the AirPort icon in your menu bar to open a list of available wireless networks
- Select the network to which you want to connect
- Once connected successfully, the AirPort icon will change from a light grey color to black lines. The more black lines displayed, the stronger the network signal is
If the Airport icon located on the top right corner of the Mac OS X desktop screen is not visible, you will need to turn on AirPort:
- Select the Apple Button located at the very upper left corner of your screen and choose System Preferences
- From the drop-down list to open the System Preferences Window.
- In the “Internet & Wireless” section, select Network to open the Network window.
- From the left-hand menu, select AirPort. The right-hand menu will change to AirPort options
- If AirPort Status is not “On,” click the “Turn AirPort On” button.
- Check the box labelled “Show AirPort status in menu bar”
It should now be added to your router’s wireless network. If not, read the below measure.
In case you are still facing issue or not understanding How to Connect an Apple Mac OS X computer to a NETGEAR router’s wireless network? Contact Netgear tech support Number at Icognix for help. You can call the experts on their toll free number at +1 888 808 1303. Call instantly and get your problem resolved by our Netgear tech support team.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support