Adding a range extender to your setup is a great way to increase range and stability of your network. But to add range extender to your network, you have to Configuring Tp-link Range Extender and a badly configured range extender is no good than no range extender.
This TP-Link Technical support article will tell you the procedure to configure the TP-Link range extender.
Do note that the DHCP function on the range extenders is disabled by default so you have to manually assign the IP as 192.168.1.x to the computer to match the default IP address of your range extender.
TP-Link support suggests you to connect your router and range extender to your computer via Ethernet cable during the configuration process as the connection will be more reliable, faster with no connection drops whatsoever as any disturbance during the configuration process may lead to problems and then you may have to start the process all over again.
Configuring the Range Extender:
- Log on to the range extender’s configuration page.
- Go to Network and make sure that the range extender’s IP address is in the same IP segment with the root router and avoid the IP conflict. Click save.
- Go to Quick Setup > Next > Wireless.
- Select Range Extender as the Operation mode and click search.
- Find your router’s SSID and click on connect.
- Click save.
- Now go to Wireless > Wireless Security and select the wireless security of your choice.
TP-Link Technical Support suggests you to select WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and encryption as AES. Enter the password of your choice and click save.
Your range extender should now be working with your router perfectly.
If you are facing any problem regarding Configuring Tp-link Range Extender , please contact to TP-Link Technical Support. You may also call on TP-Link Technical Support number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support