Adding a range extender to your setup is a great way to increase range and stability of your network. But to add range extender to your network, you have to configure Netgear range extender and a badly configured range extender is no good than no range extender. This Netgear Technical support article will tell you the procedure to Configuring Netgear Range Extender.
Netgear support suggests you to connect your router and range extender to your computer via Ethernet cable during the configuration process as the connection will be more reliable, faster with no connection drops whatsoever as any disturbance during the configuration process may lead to problems and then you may have to start the process all over again.
We are taking Netgear’s EX7000 as an example here. The setup process of other Netgear’s Wi-Fi range extender will be pretty much same.
Configuring the Range Extender:
- Connect the range extender to the computer. The LED on the range extender will turn to green when connected properly.
- Open an internet browser of your choice and go to www.mywifiext.net to access the setup of the range extender.
- Click on NEW EXTENDER SETUP.
- Fill the entries as asked and click on NEXT.
- Select Wi-Fi Range Extender when asked how to configure it on the next screen.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and click next.
- Enter the password and click Next.
- You can also change the SSID and password of your range extender or use the same SSID and password as your router. Configure accordingly and click Next to save settings.
- It will now ask you to register for the access to product support, software update or skip it.
Do as you like but Netgear Technical Support suggests you to register yourself.
Your range extender should now be working with your router perfectly. To check it, connect your devices to the range extender and see if it is working properly.
Read our another article on ‘Netgear Tech support on Netgear Range Extender/Booster‘
If you are facing any problem about Configuring Netgear Range Extender, please contact to Netgear Technical Support. You may also call on Netgear Technical Support number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support