Port Forwarding is a feature in D-Link Routers which will let devices on the internet access the services you provide through your network on a specific port number. Different type of services use different port numbers. For example, a web server uses port number 80 and a FTP server uses port number 21. If you want devices outside your network to use web server then you must open port number 80. Configure port forwarding on D-link routers is as easy now just a phone call away.
This D-Link Tech Support article will guide you on how to configure port forwarding on D-link routers.
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the network.
- Go to http://dlinkrouter, http://dlinkrouter.local or http://192.168.0.1.
- Enter the username and password when prompted. Default username is Admin and there is no default password, leave the password field blank. Click on Login button to continue.
- Go to Manual Setup > ADVANCED.
- Advanced Port Forwarding Rules will be found on the left side panel.
- Enter all of the details for the service like its name, IP address, port number etc.
If computer is connected to the router as a DHCP client then select the name of the computer from the drop down menu and click on << button to automatically populated the IP address field.
- After entering all the details, click on Save Settings button on the top of the page to save your settings.
Port Forwarding is now configured on your D-Link Router.
This feature can make your network vulnerable to attacks through open ports. This is why D-Link Support suggests you to use this feature only if you know what you are doing. Do not use this feature unnecessarily.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to D-Link Tech Support. Call on D-Link Tech Support toll-free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support