The question might sound common, and to a few even silly. But interestingly, this is one of the most asked questions on our support network. A lot of non-technical people find it difficult to configure their router on their own. In such case they either take help from friends or look for technical support team. If you are a Linksys Routers user and don’t know how to Configure a Linksys Router, don’t worry! We are here to help you.
Steps to configure a Linksys Router
Most non-techie people spend a lot of money on hiring Linksys Support experts. Understanding this we have come up with this article that may save your money. The below steps by Linksys Router Support team at Icognix.net will help you configure the router easily.
- Look for the IP address of the router. Most default IP addresses are 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.2.1.
- Open a web browser on the PC that is connected to the router
- Insert the correct username and password
- Open the wireless settings. The wireless section will allow you to set up your wireless network
- Enter a unique name for your wireless network
- Select a security method. For the best security, choose WPA2-PSK as the encryption method
- Create a passphrase for the network
- Save your settings carefully
- Change your router’s username and password from the default. Change it to something that you’ll remember carefully
- Block websites/specific domains
In case of any issues or queries to Configure a Linksys Router, contact Linksys Technical Support experts on toll free number +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support