MAC address stands for Media Access Control address. It is a unique identifier which is assigned to each and every device during their manufacturing so that they can be identified when on a network. This is a unique number and generally once assigned, cannot be changed. Some ISPs use MAC address to identify devices and usually use this MAC address to assign the internet connection for the device. If this is the case with you then only that specific device with that MAC address will be able to access the internet and your router will not be able to connect to the internet and share the internet among your other devices. Cloning Computer’s MAC address to your Belkin Router is as easy now just give us a call.
This problem can be solved by cloning the MAC address of your computer to your Belkin router and Belkin Support recommends you to use this feature as it is completely safe and is also very easy to configure. Cloning Computer’s MAC address to your Belkin Router its just a call away
This Belkin Tech Support article will guide you through the process.
Follow steps below:
- Connect your computer to the router via Ethernet cable whose MAC address you want to clone to your router.
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of your router. Default IP address of your router is 192.168.2.1.
- Click on the Login button. Enter the password of your router to proceed. Leave the Password field blank for default password.
- On the left side panel, click on MAC Address Cloning option.
- Simply click on the Clone button and the router will do rest of the work on its own. It will automatically detect the MAC address of your computer and will assign this MAC address to itself.
- Click on Apply Changes button to save your settings.
- Log out from the router and power cycle your router and modem by turning them off and unplug both modem and router for 20 seconds and then turn them back on. Restart your computer as well.
Your router should now be able to connect to the internet. If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Belkin Tech Support. Call on Belkin Tech Support toll-free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support