If you are living in a populated place, then there should be many wireless networks which are being used by others. This can be the reason if you are experiencing problems with your own Wi-Fi network. Other networks interfere with your own network which arises the problems like connection drops.This Linksys Technical support article will guide you Changing channels on your Linksys Wi-Fi router.
To solve this problem, you can easily change the channel of your Wi-Fi network from the web based configuration page of your router. Using the channel which is being least used is the best thing you can do.
First, you need to find out what channels are being used by the networks around you. To do this, use Nirsoft’s WifiInfoView. It is a free software which will give you all the information of the wireless networks around you.
Once you know what channels are being used by the networks around you, just change your network’s channel to the one which is being least used.
To change the channel of your network, follow steps below
- Connect the router to your computer and open a web browser of your choice.
- Enter the IP address of your router which can be found on the label on the router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to Wireless tab.
- Go to Basic Wireless Settings and select Manual. Do note that if you are using a dual band setup, then you have to do it for each of the band.
- Here you can choose the channel width as 20MHz or 40MHz for 5GHz band and only 20MHz for 2.4GHz band. If you do not know what you are doing, leave it on auto.
- Now select the channel which you want. Linksys Support suggest you to use channel 1,6,9 or 11 for 2.4GHz band as they do not overlap. It is channel 36,40,44,48 for the 5GHz band.
- Save the settings and now your network’s channel is changed successfully.
Do note that if you are not facing any issues then Linksys Technical Support suggests you not to change the channels and leave it on auto as it does not make sense to change the channels then.
If you have any questions about Changing channels on your Linksys Wi-Fi router, please contact to Linksys Technical Support Number @ +1 888 808 1303.
If you want to know “How to enable file sharing between PCs with Windows OS from Linksys router?” Read this article.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support