WMM stands for Wi-Fi Multimedia which is a type of Quality of Service (QoS). It gives higher priority to audio and video over other applications. Applications like iTunes and websites like YouTube will get advantage from it. If you use your internet mainly for multimedia consumption, Netgear Tech Support recommends you to set up WMM on your Netgear Router to get better experience with multimedia applications. WMM also gives priority to voice services. Calling someone over the internet will be a better experience and there will be few to none delays after configuring WMM on your Netgear Router.
Do note that this feature is only available on Nighthawk series of routers and not on other entry-level N/AC series of Netgear Routers.
This Netgear Tech Support article will guide you on how to configure WMM in your Netgear Nighthawk Router.
Follow steps below to configure WMM (Wi-Fi) multimedia Quality of service in your Netgear Nighthawk Router.
The below procedure is recommended by Netgear Tech Support experts at Icognix. Follow it properly for desired result.
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com or enter the IP address of the router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted to get access to configuration page of the router.
- Go to ADVANCED > Setup > QoS Setup.
- Enable the WMM by clicking on Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings checkbox.
- Click on Apply button to save your settings.
You have to enable WMM on every band if you want it to work on all the bands of your network. If you have enabled WMM on just one band, only devices on that band will be able to take advantage of it.
You can also disable WMM using the same procedure and unchecking Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings checkbox.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Netgear Tech Support. Call on
Netgear tech support number
toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017