MAC address filtering is a feature present on the TP-Link routers which let you define a set of devices which can be allowed or denied to connect to your network based on their MAC address. You can either allow devices or just deny access to your network to devices using their MAC address.
Since it can be broken into easily as anyone can mimic the MAC address, TP-Link Technical Support suggests you to know to use this feature alone as a security feature. Always use encryption like WPA2 to make sure that your wireless network is protected.
The setup of the MAC address filtering is fairly simple and short. This TP-Link Technical Support will guide you on how to set it up.
To setup the MAC address filtering, follow these steps:
- Connect the router to the computer via Ethernet cable to avoid connection problems during setup process.
- Open a web and go to http://www.tplinklogin.net or enter the IP address of the router. Default IP address can be found on the label on the router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted. Default username and password can be found on the label on the router.
- To check the MAC address of the devices connected to your router, go to IP and MAC Binding > ARP List.
- To enable the MAC address filtering, go to Wireless > Wireless Filtering page and click on Add New button.
- Type the MAC address of the devices which you want to add to the table in the MAC Address field. Enter the description of the device as you want and change the status to Enable.
- You can add multiple devices using this same procedure.
- Click on save button.
- Now choose either to allow or deny the devices which you have added to the table under Filtering Rules section.
- Click on the Enable button to enable the Wireless Mac Filtering.
Your router is now configured and should now work accordingly.
If you are facing any issues, please contact to TP-Link Technical Support. Call on TP-Link Technical Support number at 1-888-479-2017 (Toll free).
If you want to get most from your TP-Link router, here are the “Ways to get most of your Tp-link wireless router“