Below are the steps recommended by Netgear router support team at Icognix to know how to use a Netgear router as a DLNA/UPnP Media Server. Follow the following points carefully.
- Using a computer that is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable, launch a web browser
- Visit http://www.routerlogin.com. In case, if this address does not work, please use:
- Enter the following default login credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
- Click on Media Server under USB Storage. If you have a newer router with the genie UI, click on the ADVANCED tab then choose Media Server under USB Storage.
- Check the Enable Media Server box to enable the Media server
- The Content Scan option.
- Automatic (when new files added) will automatically scan whenever a new file is added to the USB Drive
- Scheduled Scan: This will allow you schedule a scan once in a defined time frame
- Scan Now: You can scan immediately for any new media.
- Click on Apply button to save the changes
In case of any query, please contact Netgear router support company on toll free number at 1-888-479-2017. You can also write to them or chat with the Netgear tech support representatives via web chat.