In order to install new feature of initial release, read the below steps laid down by Netgear tech support professionals.
*Important Note: In order to avoid wireless disconnect issue during the firmware download process, NETGEAR recommends that firmware upgrade be performed on a computer with wired connection.
- Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to re-enter them manually.
- Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop. The filename after extracting is R7900P-V220.127.116.11_1.0.53.chk
- Log in to the router using a Web browser.
- Click ADVANCED tab > Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
- Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step.
Point to be noted:
- The upgrade process is completed when the on screen progress bar completes.
- If the upgrade progress bar on web GUI doesn’t display correctly during firmware upgrade, you can still check the status using Power LED. The Power LED should be blinking (amber) during firmware upgrade. After firmware upgrade is done and boots up the system, it changes to steady amber color.
- Please DO NOT power off or reboot the device during firmware upgrade, otherwise, it may result to a corrupt firmware and cause the device not to work.
In case of any technical issue during the process or later while using, kindly contact Netgear technical support expert on toll free number at 1-888-479-2017. Once the exact issue is know the professional will suggest whether online or offline assistance is needed to resolve the particular issue.
Why Choose Professional Third Party Netgear Tech Support
You should choose third party company due to the following reasons:
- They are trained personnel with vast domain exposure and knowledge
- They are qualified to take care of every technical problem, irrespective of its trickiness
- They are known for providing customized onsite and online solution for all issues with utmost precision
- They charge relatively lower for Netgear tech support. In fact most of these companies don’t charge you additional for providing service in odd hours
- The experts are renowned for their unique solutions to most tricky router issues
So what are you waiting for? Pick up your phone and dial Netgear tech support toll free number on 1-888-479-2017 today!