The Router Password is an administrator password that is used while accessing the router’s web-based setup page. The default Router Password for all Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers is “admin”. So, you can easily update your Router Password to a new one to ensure that your router remains safe from unauthorised access. Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account is a free service provided by all Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers. With your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account, you also get Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Tools and access to Mobile Apps that make your home network easier to manage. Some features of Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account are:
- Add mobile devices, tablets and TV’s to your network.
- Give guests internet access.
- Manage parental controls.
- Secure access to router settings anytime and anywhere.
This Linksys Tech Support article will guide you to update your Router Password through Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account.
Follow these steps:
- Open your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account. You can open this account by opening any web browser , enter your router’s default IP address 192.168.1.1 or type myrouter.local in the address bar and Press Enter.
- Select the Connectivity option from the Router Settings.
- Click on Edit option that is beside Router Password category.
- Now, enter your Current Password. Then, enter the New Password for your router and re-enter it in the Confirm New Password field. You can also enter the Router password hint that is optional to specify.
- Click the Apply button.
- On the pop-up box, click on yes option and then click on OK.
If you forgot your Router Password then Linksys Tech Support suggests you to perform a hardware reset to restore your router to Factory default settings.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Linksys Tech Support. Call on Linksys Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.